Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2010...a little late!

I love the fact that through posting on our blog, Jay and I get to relive our memories one at a time! 

Since Jay and I were married on November 12, 2010, our first family holiday as a couple was Thanksgiving...and we had so much to be thankful for.  We split our day between our wonderful families.  We had a feast of a lunch at Jay's sister Tracy's house and then we drove back to my parent's house for the night time meal.  I have some pictures from Tracy and Steve's house that I would like to share!
 This picture is in front of Tracy and Steve's beautiful Christmas tree and we used this picture for OUR Christmas card this year! 
 Left to right: Kris, Kamaryn, Madalyn and Maggie Hynum (Jay's cousin)  It was a day of mixed emotions...Kris left on Thanksgiving day for work for THREE MONTHS.  We were all so glad to have gotten to celebrate the day with the whole Hynum family at least for the wonderful lunch!
 It was impossible to get a serious picture with this group.  But we tried.  The ladies are me, Tracy, and Maggie and the guys are of course Jay, Steve (Tracy's husband) and Kris.
 Steve with their dog Brit and then Molly on the right! 
 The guys!  Stuart, Jay, Kris and Steve!
 What beautiful girls!  Kamaryn and Madalyn were our flowergirls in the wedding!
We had so much fun, but the day was ALOT of family togetherness and I do remember us crashing that night! Ha! 
My one mushy comment though, would have to be that out of all of the Thanksgivings that I have experienced in my short life (I'm glass half full), this was the Thanksgiving that I have had the most to be thankful for.  Not only do I have a wonderful family that will always be a constant support in mine and Jay's life, but so does he.  He has a great family that is so full of love and has welcomed me with open arms.  We are so blessed, even when we seem to forget it at times, we are so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Amy you are so right. Not to mention the little stop along the way in between our Thanksgiving dinners. Did anyone know the amount of stores along the way on Hwy 98? It works for me that Amy is the positive one because I am definitely "Mr. Worst case scenario" most of the time. It's why we make such a great team and at the end of the day I'm always with my best friend. Both of our families are a big blessing in our lives. BTW WOWZERZ at that Christmas card pic. BAM

    ReplyDelete