Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Peek At The Knot!!!

SO......I have been labeled Amy's giggle-box.  Which the title of this Blog has made me giggle for at least 5 minutes.  My beautiful wife and I traveled to the historic Peabody Hotel and stayed one night, then New York for the other part of our honeymoon, which was fantastic.   As we arrived at The Peabody and got settled in, I was like a small child wandering around looking for the ducks.  Amy added earlier in the Blog for my liking of Ornithology.   We finally got a glance of them in their fountain and followed their stamped footprints to our elevator.   It was such a beautiful hotel and the whole day was perfect.   It's simply amazing to have found such a partner and friend for life. I Love That Girl!
Our Room
Delicious, I saved Amy one I think!
The ducks going to their pool

NYC Bound!!!!

As we arrived in New York City that afternoon, we took a taxi to Hotel Wingate which is where we stayed only a few blocks from Time Square.  We were both anxious to check out the sites.  I spent the first few hours outside staring up just like a tourist. 

 

Time Square was beautiful.  Something everyone should experience at some point in their life.  I'm glad I got to spend it with my BFF!

A little video on Amy and I on a pedicab going through Time Square


The Rockerfeller Center Christmas tree was brought in and put up on our wedding day.  Here you see them installing scaffolding to trim the tree.
Radio City and about 10 pictures later just trying to get my 5-head out of the way




We of course got hungry close to mid-night and had to order Chinese takeout which was probably one of the best meals we had.  Head member of the clean plat club to the right.

Each morning, we would find a Starbuck's and have some coffee.   After our caffeine kicked in, we were off on our Manhattan adventure, we strolled towards lower part of the island.  In search for something that catches the eye, I had the most beautiful by my side.  Can I just say Amy Jordan makes the world seem so small.  Wowzers!




We got to see the Statue of Liberty!

The Charging Bull

As Kris says, I finally pulled my head out of my own.....
After the Charging Bull, we walked down Wallstreet and saw these people that we both thought were protesting something.  I had to have a picture with them in their new threads.  

These were not protesters.  It wasn't but yesterday I found out that this is a actual artist who works all over the world and lives in NYC.  Her name is Agata Olek. She has been creating some of the neatest works of art out of her crocheting. 
She actually covered the bull while a security guard was away.  This was done in December sometime I had found it on the net and put it all together. 

A sad face when she found out there is no El Sombrero anywhere in the NYC area.  We were so tired.  After a few days in the city, we were ready to go home.  Manhattan was really beautiful in its own way but there was nothing like arriving back in Memphis and taking the drive back home as Mr and Mrs. Jordan.  


And we finally made it home and celebrated our first Christmas together as a family.  Amy I love you so much and I am so thankful for you.  Your my best friend and I know what a lucky man I am. 

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha Jay. I love the El Sombrero comment. I can't help that I could eat El Sombrero 3 times a day. :) I love you!! --Wifey

    ReplyDelete