Tuesday, February 22, 2011

If I...were king...of the forreeeeeessstt!

Completing a blog post makes me feel accomplished in some sort of way...its so much more rewarding than doing the dishes or putting up clothes!  So tonight, while I try to ignore the feelings of apathy about my job, housework, the blahness of the daily routine, I will post!

And tonight's post is mainly about pictures.  Pictures that make me smile.  Pictures that I flip through in my mind when my computer isn't near.  My dad has always said, and I love to quote him, that "land is the greatest investment.  They aren't making any more of it."  My father was raised in Jackson, MS and my mother was from a definitely more rural area of the state.  And I believe that the truth is that Dad decided very shortly after meeting my mom that he would live and raise his family in Franklin County.  He has always loved it there.  He is definitely an outdoorsman, a hunter with an appreciation for nature and hardwork.  This is probably a contributing factor to my sister marrying my brother-in-law, Jamie.  Jamie definitely believes in a hard days work and what it takes to keep things going.  And its probably a big reason that my husband is...my husband. :) There's nothing cuter than watching grown men that I love giggle over a new tractor...or be completely confused by a half broken down tiller.  hee hee.
My grandmother's property and my father's property is all planted in pine trees (or soon will be).  It's the most beautiful place in the world.  And these pictures remind me of that beauty and also of how lucky I am to have these three great men in my life. 

jamie hates cameras so I HAD to post this good one of him. :)

I went on a walking tour with the menfolk. 
They complained about my picture taking, but yet they all wanted copies....


 The King of the Forest
 Having manly discussions on the four wheelers...
 Daddy getting eaten by a tree cutting machine
 Playing Bow Tic Tac Toe...Who won???
 "Uhhhh, I don't know guys, what do you think it is???"
 "hmmmmmm..... its probably the carbonator's piston starter belt."
Annnnnnd there they are!!!
And dressed for the occasion. Ha ha. Love them.

2 comments:

  1. Well of course we all knew what was wrong with the tiller. We just wanted to allow Amy to get some shots of men working. That tiller is no match for the three amigos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three amigos, three musketeers three stooges......all for one-one for all.

    ReplyDelete