Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bye bye Harley... (December 29, 2012)

On our very first date, Jay took me on his motorcycle to the movies.  I had never been on a motorcycle for longer than a few minutes, and certainly not with an almost complete stranger.  I was nervous to say the least!  Anyway, Jay tells the story alot better than I do, but I was completely terrified.  My terror was doubled when during the movie I realized that when we left to go home it would be dark outside!!  AHHH!  But he made it so easy. 

We also took some of our engagement photos on the bike!  We had a few good times with the 2009 fat bob...but it was time to say goodbye.  And in order to say goodbye, we had to take it on a drive across the reservoir and to Got Gear Sports in Ridgeland...Jay had to stop and warm up in the truck... it was FREEZING.


Bye bye Harley!
We had tried to sell the motorcycle online for about a year, and we never got any serious bites.  The only logical thing that we could think of was to trade in the bike for a BUGGY.



So excited!

Here we are the next day in our Got Gear hats taking the Ranger for a ride around the block!
One cool thing to mention that happened on the day that we got the Polaris is that we recieved a call from Jay's biological father Gerald who lives in South Dakota.  Jay and I have been married for over two years and this is the first time I have heard his voice.  It was awesome.  And we even got to go visit with him and Jay's Aunt Dot (whom I had also never met) that night!  Here are some cool pics from the event.  I will never forget it, and I know that Jay won't either.

Jay, Aunt Dot (Dorothy) and Gerald

Gerald's lovely wife, Brenda!

Jay, me and Gerald
I look forward to getting to know this side of Jay's family...it was crazy to see the mannerisms and different things about Jay and Gerald that were so alike.  A great time was had by all that night!! Until about two in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment