Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Natchez Food and Wine Festival 2012

When I married Jay, I don't think that I realized that I was getting another family.  I mean, I loved them from the beginning, but I didn't realize that I would love them like my own.  Take his older sister for example.  Tracy.  I didn't know that she would end up reminding me of my own sister that I adore.  Tracy is always ready for fun.. Last year (2012) she found the Natchez Food and Wine Festival.  It was like a mini Taste of Mississippi with better music.  We stayed at the Grand Hotel across from the Convention Center so we just had to walk across the street to our room.  The really interesting part of this trip is that Jay had returned from Nigeria UNEXPECTEDLY because we thought that he had Malaria.  I had had him at the hospital and every clinic that week trying to get better.  Thankfully, it was only the flu and Amazingly, he perked right up when we went to the festival.  He managed to stay for almost the whole event.  Glad we got some fam time.  Here's some pics of us dressed up!

 
The day after the festival, was spent in Natchez at various awesome places such as Fat Mama's and Darby's before returning home.  Loved it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment